Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Vintage cab: 2 x15 and weighs <50 pounds!

Clarky

I got this from Doctorbass about 4 or 5 months ago and it's in very good condition. I recently added a custom padded cover at a cost of £50-odd. Reason for selling is I am re-assessing what my rig needs to be, especially in light of my new DB gig. Just got a MB combo and as I have a Sansamp BDDI I can do the dirt /rock sound with this ( will probably add a stacking extension cab in case of bigger gigs).

So the Vintage probably is going to get used once in a blue moon only.

If you buy this together with my TC 112 cab ( FS at £275) - which would give you Little and Large options to go with your head - I will give you a good deal. £725 for both, can't say fairer than that for two cabs in superb condition that would cost you £1029 new

Pickup only from west London (nr Hammersmith) as it's large, even though it's weirdly light!

Here are the specs [url="http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/vintage.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/vintage.htm[/url] and these are £700 new, by the way

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='983150' date='Oct 10 2010, 10:37 AM']Afraid no post as I would never find a box big enough and the right shape :lol:[/quote]

Fairy nuff. Not planning on heading North any time soon? :)

Sorry, my in-laws are up North so I tend to avoid venturing further than Watford :)

If anyone is trekking down to the BassDay in Surrey next month I could bring the Vintage along to that, although I appreciate it's a month away still

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='sockdeluxe_mikey' post='983174' date='Oct 10 2010, 11:03 AM']I'd absolutely really like to try out the Vintage then. For what I want it's pretty much not right but you never know I guess!

Speaking of which, do you have a link to the Surrey bassday? I keep on losing it but I've said I'm going![/quote]
Well obviously I would prefer to sell the Vintage before then but if it's still available I will bring it along to the Bass Bash. here's the link basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102335

[quote name='Shockwave' post='983578' date='Oct 10 2010, 06:01 PM']Is this one of the ones made from the lighter ply?

Damn shame you cant post!

Rob.[/quote]
I'm afraid I don't know which type of ply it is made from. I think doctorbass bought it new in 2009, if that helps

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='barteroo2002' post='983780' date='Oct 10 2010, 09:00 PM']Not that this helps you to sell it, but I bet the pictured rig sounded amazing!? Orange sat on top of a 2x15...
Shame your gig requirements have shifted.

Good luck.

(No money to spend on live rig at the mo... Shame.)[/quote]
It would have sounded amazing on that stadium tour we never quite got around to before my punk band's drummer quit! Bit OTT for the Dog and Duck, Camden on a Tuesday night :)

Had a couple of trade offers. I'm afraid I am really after cash ( just spent out on a new bass and an EUB). While I mentioned a trade vs a Compact this is much lower down on my list and only if no cash offer is forthcoming - I would only be interested elsewhere in a trade involving a MarkBass NY 121 cab, as this stacks perfectly under my combo (no other MB cab will do this and I am OCD about these things!)

[quote name='mcgraham' post='984087' date='Oct 11 2010, 09:09 AM']No longer made? Have BFB stopped making cabs, or just this model?[/quote]
The Vintage is still listed on BFD's website so I know nothing of the comment made above. As far as I am aware, BFD is still going strong, as evidenced by recent posts from Alex on BC about the Compact tour, the new Super 12 cab etc.

[quote name='mcgraham' post='984087' date='Oct 11 2010, 09:09 AM']No longer made? Have BFB stopped making cabs, or just this model?[/quote]
Just the Vintage. I assume the BFB website will get updated soonish. Alex says you can get the same result from two Compacts, and it's a more flexible modular system that way, so he's no longer offering the Vintage. I think that's the reason behind it, anyway.

This is a serious bargain, BTW, and a corking brute of a cab. :)

Thanks for clarifying BottomEndian!

FYI, although I want cash for this, I am not in a burning hurry ... so I am prepared to put it on hold for a definite buyer until next month's Surrey Bass Bash if the buyer cannot otherwise get down to London before then.

Edited by Clarky

No problem. Just done a quick search... here we go: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=103146&view=findpost&p=959234"]Alex's reason for dropping the Vintage[/url].

FWIW, a few of us (me, Conan, WoT, warwickhunt & The Bass Doc) A/B'd the Vintage against a single Compact the other day. If you don't mind the size of a 2x15, the Vintage is the hands-down winner in terms of "effortless" low end.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='984103' date='Oct 11 2010, 09:39 AM']Just the Vintage. I assume the BFB website will get updated soonish. Alex says you can get the same result from two Compacts, and it's a more flexible modular system that way, so he's no longer offering the Vintage. I think that's the reason behind it, anyway.

This is a serious bargain, BTW, and a corking brute of a cab. :)[/quote]and two compacts cost more than a vintage :lol:

[quote name='sk8' post='985582' date='Oct 12 2010, 12:05 PM']and two compacts cost more than a vintage :lol:[/quote]

Yes. Quite a lot more. And they may not stack particularly well due to the lack of Feet/cup things...

Someone please buy this cab before I am tempted to do something silly. Don't suppose you would accept a thirteen year old boy in part exchange? :)

[quote name='Conan' post='985591' date='Oct 12 2010, 12:15 PM']Yes. Quite a lot more. And they may not stack particularly well due to the lack of Feet/cup things...

Someone please buy this cab before I am tempted to do something silly. Don't suppose you would accept a thirteen year old boy in part exchange? :)[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZgwtpPmLY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZgwtpPmLY[/url]

[quote name='Conan' post='985591' date='Oct 12 2010, 12:15 PM']Yes. Quite a lot more. And they may not stack particularly well due to the lack of Feet/cup things...

Someone please buy this cab before I am tempted to do something silly. Don't suppose you would accept a thirteen year old boy in part exchange? :)[/quote]
Sorry I already have a 12 year old boy (and two other children). Afraid its cash only :lol: